Easy homemade pumpkin pie spice for all your pumpkin recipes! It's better than store bought and you can customize it to suit your taste buds!
I like everything about fall, specially the pumpkin recipes and the heady aroma of pumpkin pie spice.
You can buy the store bought pumpkin pie spice but I promise this is better than store bought!
You need 4 to 5 individual ground spices and you are set to make the best homemade pumpkin pie spice to suit your taste.
I always have individual spices stocked and whisk together the pumpkin pie spice in no time.
Even if you don't have these, buying the individual spices and making your own is totally worth the cost and effort- just under 2 minutes to mix it all.
- Cardamom (optional)
- Allspice (optional)
The best thing about making your own spice blend is you can mix and match to suit your liking. I like extra ginger, cloves and a touch of cardamom in my blend for more heat and a touch of warmth.
Use this recipe as a base and make your own custom blend. How cool is that?
This recipe makes about ¼ cup. Start small and increase the measurements until you come with your favorite pumpkin pie spice recipe.
Tips for making the best homemade pumpkin pie spice
- It's important that all the spices are still in good condition. Just give a sniff and if any have lost their scent or smell off, throw them and buy fresh.
- Make small batches so your blend is fresh when using in your recipes.
- Store you spices in air tight containers in a cool, dry place.
- Go through your spices every 6 months and discard all the spices that have not been used, doesn't have a scent or smell off.
What can you use your pumpkin pie recipe for
The obvious use for this spice blend is to use in your pumpkin pie recipe.
Apart from that this pumpkin pie recipe is great to use in pumpkin spice lattes, homemade pumpkin cakes and cheesecakes and in your ground coffee.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom optional
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice optional
- Whisk all the ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.
- Makes about ¼ cup.
- Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.